- Start date and time (when access will open for students)
- Due date and time (when access will cut off for students)
- Assign to (which students will receive the assignment and how you will manage the assignment)
- Entire Class (One Assignment for All) - assigned to the whole class as one assignment. Assignment settings and edits such as allowing review and changing the due date and time are applied to the assignment for every student in the class.
- Entire Class (Individual Assignments) - assigned to every student in the class as individual assignments. Edits will be managed by individual student assignments.
*Assigning to Class as Individuals allows teachers to easily assign to every student in a class but also make changes for individuals rather than for the whole class. The primary reason to use this is to quickly make an assignment for all with the freedom to have various due dates. Entire-Class-as-Individuals assignments require individual management of changes to the assignment settings such as releasing grades and allowing review.
- Groups (Individual Assignments) - assigned to every student in the group as individual assignments. Edits will be managed by individual student assignments.
*Assigning to Groups allows teachers to easily assign to a subset of students while also allowing changes to be made for individuals rather than the whole group.
- Individual - assigned to selected individuals. Edits are managed by individual assignments.
- All Classes - assigned to selected classes within the same grade level. Assignments are whole class assignments.
- Settings for Reports and Grading (manage if and when to release the grades to reports, share grades with students, and allow students to review)
- Release to Reports for Entire Class Assignments - Data will move to reports when all submissions have have been graded and the status of an assignment is changed from closed to graded or marked complete. Please see #8 for more information.
- Release to Reports for Individual Assignments - data for auto graded assignments will go to reports as students submit and grades populate. For assignments that include teacher grading, data will move to reports as each assignment status is changed to graded or marked complete. Please see #8 for more information.
- Release grades to students - For class and individual assignments, students will see scores as their assignment is graded.
- Students can review work - For class and individual assignments, students will have access to review the assignment immediately.
- Student instructions - (Teachers can include instructions with any assignment)
7. Select Assign.
- After making an assignment, you will see the assignment status when you go into the settings to edit.
- Locked (Assignment start date is in the future. Assignment is locked for students.)
- Not Started (Assignment is open for students, but no students have started it.)
- Started (Assignment has been accessed by students.)
- Closed (Assignments are closed for individual students once submitted. Assignments are closed for all after due date and time.)
8. For assignment data to go to reports, not only does the toggle need to be set to release grades to reports, but the assignment status must also be set to Graded. There are 2 places to change an assignment status to graded so that data goes to reports. You can go to Assignments, find the assignment and select Edit, then change the status from Closed to Graded as shown below.
You can also go to Assignments, select Submissions, and then select the red Mark Grading Complete as shown below.
When you assign something more than once, you can easily manage all assignment instances for the class from the All Submissions for Class page. So, for example, if you assign ExperTrack to a class, and then assign it again to all or some students, all instances will show up in the All Submissions for Class page.
To access All Submission for Class, locate one of the assignments and select Submissions.
Then, from the submissions page, select the red All Submissions for Class button.
In All Submissions, you will see every assignment within the class for that resource.