- Start date and time (when access will open for students)
- Due date and time (when access will cut off for students)
- Who to assign to (which students will receive the assignment and how you will manage the assignment )
- Class - assigned to the whole class as one assignment, assignment settings and edits such as allowing review and changing the due date are applied to the assignment for every student in the class
- Class Individual - assigned to every student in the class as individual assignments, edits will be managed by individual student assignments
- Individual - assigned to selected individuals, edits are managed by individual assignments
- All Classes - assigned to selected classes within the same grade level, assignments are whole class assignments
*Assigning to Class as Individuals (when creating an assignment) is a new option. Assigning to Class as Individuals allows teachers to easily assign to every student in a class but make changes for individuals rather than for the whole class. The primary reason to use this is to make an assignment with various due dates. Class as Individuals requires individual management of changes to the assignment.
- Settings for Reports and Grading (When do you want to release the grades to reports, share grades with students, and allow students to review?)
- Release to Gradebook for Class assignments - data for auto graded assignments will go to reports as students submit and grades populate. For teacher graded assignments, data will move to reports all at once when status of assignment is changed to graded.
- Release to Gradebook for Individual assignments - data for auto graded assignments will go to reports as students submit and grades populate. For teacher graded assignments, data will move to reports as each assignment status is changed to graded.
- Release grades to students (For Class and Individual assignments, students will see scores as assignment is graded).
- Students can review work (For Class and Individual assignments, students will have access to review the assignment immediately).
- Student instructions
6. Select Assign
Please note: You cannot currently make an assignment or reassign from Assignments. The assignments area is designated as a place to view and edit what has already been assigned.
*In order to easily manage multiple assignments for the same resource, there is now an All Submissions for Class page that shows every instance of an assignment for the resource for the class. So, for example, if you assign the Student Book as Class Individual with 25 students, and then assign it again to just 5 students, all instances will show up in the All Submissions for Class page.
To access All Submission for Class, locate one of the assignments and select Submissions.
Then, from the submissions page, select the red All Submissions for Class button.
You will see every individual assignment and every class assignment for that resource.